At Tiimely Home, we’re very serious about your privacy. We’re regulated by government legislation such as the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (‘Privacy Act’) and the Privacy (Credit Reporting) Code (‘CR Code’), which outline how we should treat your personal information. Our policy is quite in depth and has a lot of information in it. If you’d like to see the whole policy, you can find it here. In case you’re not ready for a big read, here are some of the main points.
Most of the information we collect will be directly from you.
This could include your:
- full name, date of birth and contact details;
- identification information such as your driver’s licence number, passport details and residency status;
- financial information including your income and expense details;
- marital status and number of dependents;
- details of contracts of sale and property insurance.
There are some cases where we might collect personal information about you from other people or organisations, such as our funder, service providers or your employer.
We’ll also need to collect some credit-related data as well. The types of credit-related information we collect and hold includes:
- name, date of birth, gender, address (including prior addresses);
- the kinds of credit products you have or have applied for;
- information on credit previously given to you by us or other credit providers, including financial institutions, energy or telecommunications companies;
- how you’ve managed your obligations (which could include details of defaults and repayment history);
- information in a credit report from a credit reporting body;
- information about your credit worthiness that has been derived from a report about you (such as a credit score);
- details of credit-related court proceedings or insolvency;
- serious credit infringements.
The information that we collect helps us to assess your application, and we never sell your information to other third parties. Some specific things we use and share your personal information for include:
- verifying your identity;
- assessing your application for our home loan products;
- assisting with your questions or complaints;
- internal operations, such as record keeping, auditing or training;
- reporting and data analytics, including for regulatory, management and research purposes;
- complying with our legal and regulatory requirements;
- informing you of ways the products and services provided to you could be improved or additional products or services that you may benefit from; and
- marketing products or services.
Generally speaking, we don’t share your information outside of Tiimely Home, but there are some exceptions to this. We only share information with third parties that we believe have the appropriate systems in place to look after your personal information.
Some of the third parties we might share your personal information with include:
- our funding partners;
- Lenders’ Mortgage Insurers;
- Title Insurance Providers;
- identity verification service providers;
- information technology companies maintaining our systems and services, including cloud and data warehousing service providers;
- external advisers such as valuers, lawyers or auditors;
- government and regulatory bodies, as required by law;
- external complaint resolution bodies;
- credit reporting bodies;
- other financial institutions or credit providers;
- law enforcement agencies;
- your authorised representatives or advisers or people acting on your behalf.
If you want to you have the option of not identifying yourself (or using a pseudonym) when dealing with us, unless we are legally required to identify you in order to deal with you, or it would be impractical for us to deal with you if you have not identified yourself. But keep in mind that we can’t process or accept your home loan application unless you identify yourself.
- Security & Privacy